Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

An Example of a Month of Planned Posts

The greatest and most annoying thing about social media is how fast everything moves. With the velocity of news and social media today is to easy to get lost, especially when you are trying to figure out what to do on your own social media channels. I know there are a lot of strategies and systems out there for how to schedule content. I can't tell you the best method but I can share my quick method for planning posts and most importantly staying focused. Below is my quick system along with a month of planned posts as an example. I used the Disney Animal Kingdom as an example for which to schedule my posts, provide goals, and build out a month worth of posts.

Schedule Ahead of Time

It is incredibly hard to find and post something new day by day. Work, meetings, and nap time always interfere with posting at the right time. To side step this problem use on the of the many social media management tools available out there to schedule your posts. Here are three that I have tried and found very helpfull.

1. HootSuite - HootSUite is great, even the free version is awesome. If you are a small business the fee for the professional version is still very affordable.

2. SocialOomph - Another popular social management tool that provides a variety of helpful analytics and options for managing the most popular social media platforms.

3. Buffer - I love Buffer's look and clean design. Buffer also provides some analytical capabilities for your platforms as well as additional apps.


Have Goals

If you are just randomly posting you are most likely getting nowhere. After all you are on social media for a reason so make social media work for you. Set goals and sub-goals for each platform or your entire network. Make at least 50% of your posts directly support one of your goals or sub-goals.














Schedule Your Posts

This is an example of my schedule for Disney's Animal Kingdom. I created the entire calendar in Excel since I am a bit of an Excel geek. You can use a management tool to schedule all these posts. Even when I schedule all my posts on a tool like HooSuite I still keep track of my posts on a calendar like this. Each day will have either the post or subject of the post and whether is support any of the goals. This allows me to track whether I was on following my own goals and what topics and posts worked best. Over time this will build you a library of data that you can use to analyze and prove your success.





Create Your System

No system is perfect for every occasion. Borrow parts of mine or create your own. It is important to keep a consistent method for the way you work and post on social media in order to prove ROI, identify your KPI's, and provide metrics on everything you do. Constantly changing tools and methods will lead to confussion and issues in the long run. Download my example Excel sheet to take a deeper look at a months worth of posts. Feel free to use it, change it, copy it, or burn it, I just hope it helps in some way.






No comments:

Post a Comment